MINI Tire Maintenance & Rotation
How Often Should I Check The Tires On My MINI?
You will want to regularly examine your vehicle's tire pressure because all tires will lose pressure progressively, during both warm and cold temperature months. The weather isn't the only factor that results in a decrease in pressure either. Altitude shifts, flexing and tire wall impacts will slowly decline air pressure. The very best approach for optimal tire care is to inspect tire pressure at least once a month.
What are Optimal Tire Pressure and Tread Depth Levels on a MINI?
Optimal tire pressure levels fluctuate by tire type and size. You can find the ideal air pressure level outlined inside your vehicle owner's manual or on the tire placard, which is usually placed on your vehicle's door edge, glove box or fuel door. Most tires may also have an optimal PSI scale written on the tire sidewall. Concerning tread depth, your tire is believed to be at the conclusion of its life whenever the tread is worn down to around 2/32 inches.
How Do I Assess Tire Pressure?
- Get a tire pressure gauge. The gauges attached to air hoses and compressors at service stations often aren't as accurate as handheld gauges due to a lack of upkeep and excessive use. The cheaper metal dial tire gauges will be adequate to get a decent reading of tire pressure.
- Know it's far better to check tires when they are cold; cold means they've been sitting for a while. Driving warms up tires and causes air to expand.
- Remove the tire valve cap and insert the tire gauge securely on top of the valve. This will push the air through the gauge, producing a reading.
- Compare the reading to your pressure guide and then top off your tire with air as needed.
How Do I Check Tread Wear On My MINI Tires?
- Find out with the penny test. Place a penny within your tire's tread with Lincoln's head inverted. If you're able to see all of Lincoln's head, you should get new tires.
- Or perform the quarter test. In the event the tread touches Washington's head, you've got at the very least 4/32 inch of tread remaining and you ought to begin tracking your tires closely.
- Lastly, you can examine tread depth by your tire's indicator bar. The indicator bars are located at the bottom of the tread grooves. Whenever these indicator bars become visibly flush with the adjacent ribs, this is the visible warning sign that your tire really should be replaced.
When Should I Rotate The Tires On My MINI?
SPRING SERVICE CHECKUP**Limited Time Offer$139 99
BRAKE SERVICE REBATE**Brake Rebate. SAVE UP TO $150.$150 Up to $150
VALUE SERVICE OIL CHANGE**Oil Change. STARTING AT $79.95.$79.95 Starting at
20% REBATE ON SELECT ACCYS*MINI Original Accessories20 %
SAVINGS ON MINI LIFESTYLE**Special Savings. Free Shipping on Orders over $99.00
MAIL-IN TIRE REBATE**Tire Rebate$70
Complete Windshield and Glass..*
15" TIRE SPECIAL*$378.24
16" TIRE SPECIAL*$608.52 Installed
16" TIRE SPECIAL*$670.00 Installed